Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Indulge me please.

I am just about to take off for Africa once more, but before that there was an important mission to fulfil: I had to buy a hat.
 There is a wedding in the ravishing little Oxfordshire  village of Blewbury more or less the day I get back from Africa. It risks being quite a smart wedding. To be on the safe side I decided to organize my hat buying before leaving.  Indulge me therefore while I revel in some unrepentant girly narcissism for just a little while. Soon, soon I will be talking endlessly about all the African adventures and hardships which will no doubt befall me. 

I did buy one of these following hats. I wonder if anyone would be able to guess which?


This one wasn't too bad..
                                      

 Mother of the Bride...?

 Pedestrian...


This one was called 'The Audrey':

 The Canadian Mounted Police look..

HELL no!
Maybe.?

I like it , but too beachy?

 Tiring stuff this Hat buying business..

And last night I went to Europe House- that lovely place which has acted as a hub of socializing for me whenever I have been back in London over the last twelve years- Jeremiah has organized a multitude of great exhibitions there, and last night was just one of these- the Czechoslovakian photographer Dagmar Hochová  whose great pictures captured the Soviet invasion of ’68 but also just fleeting moments of life in joyful and sometimes startling images:


Speak soon from  more southern climes...








8 comments:

  1. So which did you choose? The beachy one gets my vote. If not, I see you sporting a fascinator... And hell, I ain't dressing up beyond wearing something summery and light...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am really hoping it was beachy ! (Says the bride)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh really? well I COULD pop back and get the beachy one I suppose. Let's see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie I think Audrey has lots of potential depending on what you are wearing! Hope all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Gardenia! Thanks for your opinion- I agree. so good to hear from you. Your dear mother Dame Edith knew how to wear a hat! Want to see you again soonest XXS

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Marianne, thanks for looking in and engaging in this very important debate! well, you are not too far from the truth... the winning entry will be unveiled here at the end of July.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beachey Head has the extra push here, since both I and the virginal bride-to-be chose it...

    ReplyDelete