Monday, September 30, 2019

On The Transgressive Historical Squeezing of Thighs.

Twenty years ago, during a working lunch, Boris allegedly squeezed the thigh of some young journalist, and she has now decided to come forward to 'speak out' about this incident, which is derailing the Conservative party conference.

Now, just to put things straight, I am not a Boris fan. I have very occasionally  voted conservative in the past but nothing in the world would induce me to vote for the Tories the way they now present themselves. So I am absolutely not defending Boris. Nevertheless I have to say I think the world has gone completely bonkers! We are hurtling towards Halloween and a possible disaster area and No Deal Brexit, and now all people want to talk about it whether Boris squeezed the thigh of someone  20 years ago!!!

If he did, of course he shouldn't have. But let's get things into some sort of proportion! Just  say that he he did ( and he probably did) , why did she not pick up his wandering hand, like the heroine on the rush hour tube I heard about, who picked up someone's wandering hand and held it up,  exclaiming in a very  loud voice: 'I just found this hand on my leg. Does it belong to anybody?'

Apart from that, just for one moment try to put ourselves into the 'other side's' way of thinking. The Brexit-voting  multitudes  that the populist Torys want to reach are probably applauding Boris's macho tactics!

For goodness sake , let's get a grip! (ahem..)
Or rather: lets's talk about things that matter!


3 comments:

  1. Probably better to write about the 'things that matter' with regard to the criminal Borump than to make a bit of a fool of yourself (IMO).

    Anyway, I'm delighted to hear the launch of the show went swimmingly, and I look forward to seeing it on my return. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I can't say I understand what you mean? Have I made a fool of myself? How?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But thanks, yes, it was a good evening, and I am just about to write about it. XS

    ReplyDelete